Monday, January 11, 2010

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find.

^Quote by John Churton Collins.
Saw it at the end of a show called Criminal Minds.
Assess the validity of this quote.
Well, i dont know. If everyone had no secrets, then everything we do would be exposed, but since we already know what people are "hiding" we would not be embarassed or ashamed. There would be no surprises, and only some spontaneity. I like to think that it would be like a completely free world, yet boring at the same time.
When i heard the quote, and up until now, i had planned to write about how i agreed with it. Actually, i only kind of agree. I like to find out things. I enjoy expressing myself in ways that could not be done if I didnt have secrets.
What do you think?

Flint Strikes Wood

Flint Strikes Wood
Flint Strikes Wood

Sparks! Sparks!
Flint Strikes Wood
Sparks! Sparks!
Flint Strikes Wood

Ignite! Ignite!

Rain Pours
Flint Strikes Wood
Rain Pours
Flint Strikes Wood

Water Extinguishes
Flint Falls

Drenched Wood
Watered Down Wood

One -
Last Time

Flint Strikes Wood
Sparks! Sparks!
Flames! Flames!
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Wow...what a boring poem.

3 comments:

CCS FIRST said...

I agree that the poem isn't as great as my awesome math poem--the "nothing is as angry as math" Lol.

I agree that we shouldn't know all of each other's secrets. It's nice getting to know people little by little...too much is too overwhelming, and yeah, it might get boring.

Although it would be nice if people were more open with each other. We'd all be able to help each other better if we all shared more I guess.

Anonymous#42 said...

Personally, I think secrets are one of those good/bad things. It's bad in that you're hiding something. But sometimes, that "something" shouldn't be said or discussed, you know? I mean, everyone is entitled to their own privacy. And some things are just best left unsaid because it makes the world better if you don't say it. Including some secrets.


Anyways, back to the poem. Nice use of repetition. I thought it was about triumph-of-the-human-spirit or something like that. Reminds me of Man's first attempts at fire since the choppyish language seems to give it a primal feel.

IczyG said...

hm. i guess i had a nice secondary affect there huh? xD